District of Columbia Adoption Reunion Registry
Were you born in Washington D.C.? Or are you searching for someone born in Washington D.C.? Adopted.com is proud to offer a Washington D.C. adoption reunion registry where you can meet by mutual consent without having to open records. We have provided a form on this page for you to check your matches. If both parties want to meet, then you can find each other on Adopted.com! In Washington D.C. all adoption records are sealed and cannot be opened without petitioning the court for "good cause." Adult adoptees wishing to access their birth records must make their petition at the court in which their adoption was finalized.
Members Currently Searching Within District of Columbia
1. Keevabiscuit :I am now living in Scotland but was adopted in Washington D.C. in early 1951, aged @ 3 months. My birth certificate gives my date of birth as December 12, 1950. My adoptive parents’ names are Edwin and Betts Lewis. They were living in Virginia at the time they adopted me. I know absolutely nothing about my birth mother or father, and now that I have children and a grandchild, I have a strong need to know my history.
2. Myprincess68 :I am mary thompson‚richard grapes jr. is my son. his father took him from me when he was three‚ he lived in md‚va‚tn‚ don’t really know now. i have called richard jr grandparents every year on his birhtday and he never got the message i have sent. so i am hoping for him to contact me. I would also like to add that he has other siblings too.
3. Kline :Born 1-28-1941 @ 11:55am in Garfield Memorial Hospital, Washigton, D.C.
4. Mthite :Looking for my birth parents. Born and raised in Washington DC @ Georgetown Hospital. Charlotte was birth name I believe.
5. Cfaircloth10 :hi my name is crystal faircloth and i would like to find my sister her name is jessica nicole faircloth i sure do miss her alot and i also would like to see her again.
6. Tamifrench :Antoinet L Lorriane Born April 12 1967 Santa Barbara California Mothers Name: Agnes Ladorna Lewis Father Name: James Lowell Lorraine
7. TPMDMAL :I was born in Washington ,DC at the old Providence Hospital, I think my birth name is Thomas Adams but not sure if that is correct. I do not know the names of my biological parents. Catholic Charities was involved in the adoption. I spend @ 6 years at a Catholic home(St. Ann’s) run by the Sisters of Charity (wore "wing like' head dressing with blue habit), was transferred to St. Joseph's home at about 7, and was adopted by Paul and Marie Malik and was raised by them. They are now deceased. I think there is a confidential file on me at Catholic Charities. All I know is that my mother was 18-20 years old, my father was in the army service, might have gone to Korea and was killed. My biological mother worked in the area doing housekeeping I think. She would be in her middle to late 80's if alive. There were several children in her birth family, I do not know if she had any other children besides me. My last contact with Catholic Charities was about 10 years via mail. The file is closed and a search would cost $500.00 which I disagree with. I am 66 years old and feel that any information about my parents should be released to me. Help if you can. Thanks
8. GAVIA29TX :i want to find my brother GABRIEL GAVIA whos now about 43 last time i saw him he was 13 and visited me in DEL RIO TX but left after an arguement which i regret. also im looking for my real mother MARIA LEONOR GAVIA (age 18- 22 at the time she had me)........who left me because my father JESUS GAVIA sister CONSUELO SALAS GAVIA kicked her out when i was 6 mths old. yet her story to me has also been that my mother didnt love or want me. i was born in APRIL 26 1955 in BROWNSVILLE TEXAS. I was also baptized in OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE CHURCH.... my sponsors were DAVID GUEVARA and CONCEPCION SIERRA on JUNE 5 1955. yet after two months my parents moved to a city in mexico called ACUNA COAHUILA. My mother must live in Brownsville tx because her family is from there which is also her birth place. for any information you might know please email me this will mean the world to me
9. Ishmaelbrown :Okay’s it my pleasure to share about me but i will like to meet u in other to talk
10. OlgaHunt :Searching for my brother given up at birth‚ but never adopted. Born NY 1959. Mother name was Argle Hunt at the time of his birth. He was born with the last name HUNT. I am his baby sister.
Customer service on here is second to none!