Iowa Adoption Reunion Registry
Were you born in Iowa? Or are you searching for someone born in Iowa? Adopted.com is proud to offer an Iowa state adoption reunion registry where you can meet by mutual consent without having to open records. We have provided a form on this page for you to check your matches. From Dubuque to Sioux City and everywhere in between, if both parties want to meet then you can find each other on Adopted.com! The State of Iowa sealed adoption records on July 4, 1941. Adoption records are sealed and can only be opened by court order except if the adoption was finalized prior to July 4, 1941 in which case the adoption was not required to be sealed. Adult adoptees in Iowa may receive medical and developmental family history provided the names of birth parents are not released. They may also petition the court to open their sealed record and reveal information for “good cause.”
Members Currently Searching Within Iowa
1. Myprincess68 :I am mary thompson‚richard grapes jr. is my son. his father took him from me when he was three‚ he lived in md‚va‚tn‚ don’t really know now. i have called richard jr grandparents every year on his birhtday and he never got the message i have sent. so i am hoping for him to contact me. I would also like to add that he has other siblings too.
2. Leecolekaneflas :My name is Monica and my mothers name is Patrica kay Stuart and we are searching for my sister and my mothers daughter that was given up for adoption in 1975‚ she was born on Febuary 28‚ 1975 at Meery Grealy medical center in Ames Iowa. She was 6lbs and 12 oz. and 20 in. long and the Dr. that delivered her was Dr. Wall Sr. The fathers name was Ralph Jones. It is very important to us exspecially me(monica- that would be her sister). It would full fill my mothers dream of meeting her and also mine. if anyone knows any information on her‚ her name at the time of birth was Angela Marie Stuart but that may have been change since.
3. Oceaneyes2 :My name is Carla Jean Nelson and my maiden name was Zylstra and I’m the birthmother of Travis John Zylstra and Timothy Lee Potter who was adopted out when they where very young. I’m in despert need of finding them. Travis’s DOB is: 7-31-1988 and is now 20 years old and Timothy’s DOB is: 7-12-1991 and is now 17 years old. They where adopted out in Des Moines Iowa. The Judge I had was Karla Fultz and I had a state apointed attorney. They where both adopted out by the same people I guess. They both have different Fathers also. Kenneth J. Weiland was an attorney that I had to on the case working for me in my behalf. Travis and Timothy also have another half brother named Ryan Joseph Nelson from Des Moines Iowa that they don’t know about eighter. I never have gave up hope that someday I would find them and beable to give them my love and all. I have never stopped caring about them eighter. I wanted the best for them at the time they had gotten adopted. My parental rights where terminated at the time. I LOVE my boys and I need them in my life. My life is not complete without them. There isn’t a day that doesn’t go by that I don’t think about them and all. If anybody can please help me find them or that can give me any information at all about them and there where abouts and how they are doing and all then please contact: Carla Jean Nelson(Zylstra) Contact me with any information please day or night anytime at all. Thank You!!! Sincerly Yours‚ Carla Jean Nelson(Zylstra) "Somebody Please Help Me Find My Boys and Make Me The Happist Person On Earth and Pray for me also Please and Thank You!!!!! Love Carla
4. Worldrover1 :Born on April 8th in Davenport. I have had an absolutely wonderful life and for no other real reason just wanted to say thank you for the sacrifices you made. I cannot begin to imagine the anguish you must have felt after nine months of carrying me around. You should know that I did not waste your precious gift of life. I am a 200 lbs fit male with a solid set of morals‚ a positive thinker and a beautiful family of my own. I try to give back as much as I can to this world always with the hope of making it a better place. I am currently working in Iraq.
5. Kellbell9008 :i really want to find my parents to fill the empty hole in my heart! if you can help at all email me.
6. Kellbell9008 :if you can help me find my parents email me.
7. Lisa1965 :I want to find my birth mother‚ and birth father‚ as well as any and all other biological family members. I was born on 4-15-1965‚ in Iowa City IA‚ to Pamela Sue Wilson‚ and was given the birth name of "Geri Lynn Wilson". I was raised on a farm in north central Iowa‚ and today I live in beautiful north Idaho. If anyone knows anything‚ PLEASE contact me. Thank you!
8. Cfaircloth10 :hi my name is crystal faircloth and i would like to find my sister her name is jessica nicole faircloth i sure do miss her alot and i also would like to see her again.
9. Tamifrench :Antoinet L Lorriane Born April 12 1967 Santa Barbara California Mothers Name: Agnes Ladorna Lewis Father Name: James Lowell Lorraine
10. JASON10574 :I AM SEARCHING FOR MY BIOLOGICAL SON JASON MICHAEL BROESSEL BORN OCTOBER 5TH 1974 AT FINLEY HOSPITAL IN DUBUQUE‚ IOWA MOTHER JANIS S. FATHER MICHAEL BROESSEL. TOM JENKS WAS THE ATTORNEY IN DYERSVILLE IOWA. WHO DID THE ADOPTION I HAVE TRIED FOR 10 YEARS TO SEARCH FOR MY CHILD AND HAVE WRITTEN COUNTLESS HAND WRITTEN LETTERS TO FIND HIM. MR TOM JENKS THE ATTORNEY THAT HANDLED THE ADOPTION WILL NOT OPEN UP THE RECORDS AND I WENT TO SEE A JUDGE AND HE ALSO SAID NO. THAT WAS OVER TEN YEARS AGO. THERE ARE CERTAIN THINGS JASON NEEDS TO KNOW AS FAR AS HIS MEDICAL HISTORY THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH HIM. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ME JASON PLEASE CONTACT ME I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND WE DO NEED TO TALK..LOVE LOVE LOVE I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND ALWAYS Y OU ARE AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN IN MY HEART AND I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY I HAD TO GIVE YOU UP..
Customer service on here is second to none!