Iowa Adoption Reunion Registry
Were you born in Iowa? Or are you searching for someone born in Iowa? Adopted.com is proud to offer an Iowa state adoption reunion registry where you can meet by mutual consent without having to open records. We have provided a form on this page for you to check your matches. From Dubuque to Sioux City and everywhere in between, if both parties want to meet then you can find each other on Adopted.com! The State of Iowa sealed adoption records on July 4, 1941. Adoption records are sealed and can only be opened by court order except if the adoption was finalized prior to July 4, 1941 in which case the adoption was not required to be sealed. Adult adoptees in Iowa may receive medical and developmental family history provided the names of birth parents are not released. They may also petition the court to open their sealed record and reveal information for “good cause.”
Members Currently Searching Within Iowa
51. Findingbeth :My sister was abducted when only two years old in 1965. We think someone may have sold her on the black market and illegally adopted. We have searched for her for 49 years. My Mom is 87 and in bad health. Beth had blue eyes and fair complexion and probably a tiny build. We will never stop searching.
52. Motherlookingforson :My name is Maureen Rozen‚ formerly Maureen Wardlow. I was 17 yrs old when I had a son‚ born on December ‚ 18‚ 1979‚ St Francis Hopsital‚ now called Wheaton Fransiscan Healthcare‚ in Waterloo‚ Iowa . DR Napier delivered my son and Ross Randall was the attorney that handled the adoption.
53. Heathervanalstine :Looking for my brother he was born in67 in Dubuque iowa
54. Tazloverinok :She was born as baby girl Paddeck in Los Angeles County‚ unknown hospital. I was told she was kept for about 6 months before putting her up for adoption. So her OBC would possibly have the first name as Amy. She was girl number 6 out of 7. Ancestory.com confirms a baby girl Paddeck with a DOB 10/21/1969. I’m girl number 7.
55. Babyblueoranges83 :Born in dubuque IA birth mothers name is mary-kay massey. I have meet her she gave me my father’s name but didn’t know much more than that his name is bob/ Robert Johnson. He was not from Iowa but was a bar tender at the time I believe in linn county iowa.i was born January 15 83 and my mom named me Jessica Marie massey. I believe the adoption took place on February 5 83 and my adoptive parents are Thomas and Linda Kepler of Newton iowa.
56. Rdraper80 :Trying to find my son that was placed for adoption against my wishes when I was 15 years old ellen g berry and David Allen berry who is a teacher at ucla college are the adopted parents his name was Daquan Cortez Draper born Aug 16 1996 in desmoines moines iowa really would love to find u my son and b a part of ur life I have always wished to find u and explain I only wanted the best for u please contact me if u wish
57. MarciaandMarc :Fraternal twins born in Cedar Rapids Iowa on Aug 7‚ 1975‚ searching for birth family. please contact me if you think we are a match or have any information.
58. MarciaandMarc :My twin brother and i were born aug 7‚ 1975 in cedar rapids iowa and are searching for any birth family. please contact if you have any information or think you are a family member.
59. MarciaandMarc :fraternal twins born aug 7‚ 1975 in cedar rapids iowa searching for any family.
60. Roxielh :My son was bon at UIHC in Iowa City Is. He had hernia surgery when he was 3 days old . Lutheran Social Services was in charge of the adoption. The attorney was Daniel Bray in Iowa City‚ Ia...would like him to know he hads 2 younger 1/2 brothers