Iowa Adoption Reunion Registry
Were you born in Iowa? Or are you searching for someone born in Iowa? Adopted.com is proud to offer an Iowa state adoption reunion registry where you can meet by mutual consent without having to open records. We have provided a form on this page for you to check your matches. From Dubuque to Sioux City and everywhere in between, if both parties want to meet then you can find each other on Adopted.com! The State of Iowa sealed adoption records on July 4, 1941. Adoption records are sealed and can only be opened by court order except if the adoption was finalized prior to July 4, 1941 in which case the adoption was not required to be sealed. Adult adoptees in Iowa may receive medical and developmental family history provided the names of birth parents are not released. They may also petition the court to open their sealed record and reveal information for “good cause.”
Members Currently Searching Within Iowa
11. Linda171143 :I am desperate to find family memebers of Paul Ellingham‚ born in the late 1800’s. He would have been my real grand father. My father Roger Charles Arnold was the addopted party. My father was addopted by Reuben Arnold and Jane Reubens. The addoption took place at the Myron Stratton Home ‚ I think in Iowa but not sure. Very anxious to get any information that is out there. Thank you‚ Linda Horner(Arnold maiden name)
12. NancyElzig :Looking for boy and girl set of twins born in summer of 1955 in Iowa... Vicinity of El Dora‚ Iowa... may have been adopted separately..... birth month believed to be June or July - Elzig surname Morris mother’s maiden name
13. Debs2506 :I’m here looking for my brother. His mother Denise gave him up for adoption when he was a baby and my dad lost contact. His birthday is Feb.11‚1983 and his birth name is Patrick Lerow Stone. We have been looking for him every since my dad was told that he was given up for adoption. So if anyone who sees this and thinks that they may be able to help me please contact me
14. GAVIA29TX :i want to find my brother GABRIEL GAVIA whos now about 43 last time i saw him he was 13 and visited me in DEL RIO TX but left after an arguement which i regret. also im looking for my real mother MARIA LEONOR GAVIA (age 18- 22 at the time she had me)........who left me because my father JESUS GAVIA sister CONSUELO SALAS GAVIA kicked her out when i was 6 mths old. yet her story to me has also been that my mother didnt love or want me. i was born in APRIL 26 1955 in BROWNSVILLE TEXAS. I was also baptized in OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE CHURCH.... my sponsors were DAVID GUEVARA and CONCEPCION SIERRA on JUNE 5 1955. yet after two months my parents moved to a city in mexico called ACUNA COAHUILA. My mother must live in Brownsville tx because her family is from there which is also her birth place. for any information you might know please email me this will mean the world to me
15. Sksg418 :I am looking for my husbands birth family. He was born December 2,1969 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines, IA @ 9:56pm, delivered by Dr. Michael Hirsch. Dr. Milton Mark called the adoptive parents to arrange the adoption. We believe the birth parents might have been going through a divorce.
16. Ishmaelbrown :Okay’s it my pleasure to share about me but i will like to meet u in other to talk
17. OlgaHunt :Searching for my brother given up at birth‚ but never adopted. Born NY 1959. Mother name was Argle Hunt at the time of his birth. He was born with the last name HUNT. I am his baby sister.
18. OlgaHunt :Searching for brother given up at birth but never adopted. Born 1959 in NY. I think he was born in long island. Our mother’s name was Argle.Hunt. I am his baby sister and my name is Olga Hunt. I currently live in Louisville‚ KY.
19. Anna1995 :i am looking for all four of my birth children their names at birth was anna hernandez dob is 07-26-1995 oscar bud hernandez dob is 05-04-1997 armando aguilar jr dob 09-29-1999 and adriana lynn aguilar dob is 01-06-2001 they were adopted in approximateley in 2008-2009 i have not seen them since then and i am their bilogical mother this adoption took place in the state of iowa in des moines my name is tamara lynn aguilar i need to locate my children i have been searching for the last 3 years and i am desperate please help me my heart goes out to you and all the familes
20. LISACARLSON :I found the following posted on a site called cousinconnect.com (Query #124476) Date Posted: 08-JAN-2007 Surname(s): KINTNER Query Text: I am looking for my birthmother and brother. I was born October 8‚ 1967 at Des Moines General Hospital. I was told that my birthfather was killed in the Viet Nam war. I am looking for them for health reasons. I don’t wish to disrupt anyone’s life. Associated Regions: United States> Iowa> Polk County I replied to this post over a year ago‚ through anonymous email offered on the site‚ and I was offering possible information for the person who posted this‚ but I never got a reply or response after from them at all. At the time of my reply‚ the post was already almost three years old. The post is still on the site today. I have not found any other similar posts anywhere I’ve searched. I would like to find the person who posted it. I think they are possibly my sibling.