1. Shycowgirl :Hello‚ I am searching for anyone who may have known an Anita Taylor or Tyler. This would have been her name in 1972. I am not sure if she kept her last name or not. I was put up for adoption by Anita after I was born on June 15‚ 1972 in Tucson‚ Az. I am looking for siblings as well. Please take a moment to read my story. If ANYTHING sounds familiar‚ please contact me. If you know any Taylors or Tyler’s‚ please pass this on. Thank you so much for looking at my story. Many blessings to you & yours. (This is what I know about my birth/adoption) I am now in search of my birth family. I was given up for adoption on June 15th‚ 1972‚ the same day I was born. At that time my birth mother gave me up. She was in the middle of a divorce. She was seeing a man outside of her marriage‚ (my dad). He did know about me as he had to sign off on the adoption papers. This is what we were told at least. She already had two or three other children‚ boys I think‚ (my brothers). I was told her name was Anita Taylor or Tyler she would have been in her late 20’s or early 30’s when I was born. She is of German and Italian decent‚ my father was German and Irish and he was very religious. I was also told she was of a larger build‚ brown hair and average height. This is all I know about my birth family. I have no information about my brother’s or my father other than my father was very in to God and preached it‚ this is why my birth mother was getting a divorce‚ he was overly in to God and she just could not handle it any more. She had ties to California and we think she moved there in order to get back on her feet and to be able to take care of her children. We think she has since moved back to Arizona. I did find out that my mother was Italian and German and my father was German and Irish. My adoption was private through a Dr. Frederick Von Heiserman here in Tucson‚ Az. He had a clinic of Osteopathy on Romero rd. I was born at Tucson General Hospital. The current birth certificate number is: SB102-72-016573.The adoption was final on April 18‚ 1973 I would like to meet my family‚ however if this is not their wish I will respect their wishes.I would however like their medical background for my records and my son’s future. I would love to obtain a photo of my parents and siblings so I can finally see who I look like. If their wish not to meet I will take that information and I will not pursue this matter further. (This was my letter to the Locator) Troy and staff‚ My name is Shirey Keene‚ formally Carlton. I am reaching out to you and your staff as my last ditch effort to find my birth family. Over the years I have searched for them to no avail. I am searching for several reasons. My most important reason is medical information for my son & myself. However‚ my life has always seemed to miss something? That said‚ I must put forth the fact that I have lived a wonderful life! My parents adopted me and took me home three days after my birth. From the time that I was a little girl I always knew that I was adopted. My loving parents always made sure that I knew I was special. I was “chosen” and that made me so special. Not every family is able to find that special little girl to complete their family. I never felt anything but pure love from my parents. My parents were unable to have children‚ so they went in search of a baby and found their way to me. I can’t begin to thank my birth parents enough for being strong enough to give me up so that I may have a chance at a better life. I would love for them to know that I was raised well and never wanted for anything . I could have never asked for a better family. I grew up an only child in Tucson‚ Arizona. My parents went out of their way to give me every opportunity in life. They would go without just so that I could excel in life. I showed horses from the time that I was 9 on. That is a very expensive sport yet my dad would work overtime just so that I could make it to every show. I have been very blessed! Around the age of 16 my parents sat me down and gave me all the information that they had pertaining to my private adoption. At that time they also gave me their blessing should I wish to search for my birth family. At that point in my life I really felt no need to search for my birth family. I was very loved and I had two wonderful parents who to this day are still happily married. As I got older I started to feel a need to find out who my birth family was. I guess the curiosity of who do I look like? What is my back ground? It all started to set in. It had always made me wonder as I would walk down a street or when I went to a mall what my parents looked like? Did I look like them? A stranger would pass by and they would look at me with an expression on their face like they knew me. I would ask myself ‚I wonder if that was my mom or my dad? Around age 18 I started my first search for my parents and siblings. I was told that I may have a very difficult time because my adoption was the last closed adoption in the state of Arizona. As my search went on I found that the hospital where I was born was no longer open. They tore it down‚ so when I asked where the records had been transferred to ‚ no one seemed to know. I then moved forward to the city records division. I hit a major dead end. I then went to the library and began a search of the archives to look in the news paper for a birth announcement or any record that I had even been born. There was nothing. It was as if every turn I took was a dead end. After some time I just felt so defeated. I just had to walk away until I could find help or came up with ideas of where to search. In 1995 I became pregnant. As a soon to be mother I felt an overwhelming desire to find my birth family. I wanted so badly to find out a little about my back ground and health history. We had all of my husbands family history and it left me feeling somewhat lost. I just felt like I had no history to share with my child. Again I embarked on an all out search for my birth family. I had some information to work off of so I began to search item by item. I looked for marriage‚ divorce‚ and birth records. Still I found nothing. I felt as though I was just running in circles. In 2000 I found myself going through a terrible divorce and was at a true turning point in my life. I found myself broken so I focused on my search once again. I had to try to turn all of that negative energy in to something productive. For months I searched again. This time I had the help of search angels on my side. Once again I found nothing and neither did the search angel. In early 2001 my life was going well again. I met the man of my dreams. He loved my child just as much as he loved me and we married . Life was wonderful and for the first time in a very long time I was happy again! Then on Christmas day I had been cooking all day and went to sit down when I felt a pop in my back. Every one could hear it! I couldn’t move It hurt so bad that tears started to run down my face. Little did I know that from that moment on my life would change. That moment was the start of a very trying time in my life. I went from a very strong hard working young woman of 29 to an instant sickly burden. I found out that I had degenerative disc disease. I had ruptured a disc in my back and it had severed the nerves to my legs. I had a great surgeon and he was able to get me walking again. I sustained severe nerve damage to my left leg. However I could have been wheel chair bound for the rest of my life rather than a few months here and there. My family and my husband were with me every step of the way. Over the next few years I had three more back surgeries. I now have all neoprene discs in my back as well as a titanium h-frame to support my spine. As it turns out the back surgeries were just the start of many medical problems. As a young child I had already endured TB and almost died from it. In my 20’s I got Valley Fever and now other things started to fail. Due to all the medications and the weight gained after every surgery my liver began to fail. I was put on the liver transplant list. Thankfully in January of 2007 I had a weight loss surgery to help my liver repair itself. I was very lucky. My liver points went from 566 to 144 in less than two months. A normal liver point is 30-40 for an adult. I am now at 77 points and they expect a full recovery. As of January 2008 I was taken off the liver transplant list and had lost most of the weight I had gained through each surgery. Through every surgery my son Austin became scared that he would inherit my health issues. How do you tell a young child that this will never happen to you‚ especially when I don’t know? I don’t have my medical history. As a mother you want to assure your children that this will never happen to him. After all of these health issues‚ I felt a dire need to find my birth family‚ to at least get family history and medical. To find my birth family is no longer a want‚ it is a need for my own health and to protect the future of my son. My son Austin is now twelve and he is my world! Anything I can do to make his future better I intend to do. I intend to fight to find my birth family so that I may obtain all important health records. As I am sure you know‚ the health information that was to be provided for records back then was usefull. I was able to obtain the records provided and there was nothing! Just a statement that I was German and Italian. I am now 36 years old. I am on permanent disability. I spend my time between a wheel chair and cane. I can’t think of a better time to resume my search. I would like to have so many questions answered. Along with my medical questions‚ I now realize that time is of the essence. My birth parents would now be in their late 60’s. I have prepared for the fact that may have passed or may not want to meet me. I have done my soul searching and I am at peace with that. There is only two things that I would really like to ask for. I would like to get a few photo’s of my parents and brothers so that I could see who I look like. Not knowing is so hard‚ like I stated you are always looking at others searching for yourself. To me‚ that is a big piece of the puzzle that I am missing. Most of all I really need their current medical history. I ask for your help from the bottom of my heart. I am on full disability now and our finances are minimal as I can no longer work. All of the help sites want several thousand dollars. I would love nothing more than to be able to hire you and your staff to find my family‚ however I don’t think that is in the cards for me. My husband is a wonderful man and he tries so hard just to keep a roof over our head and food on the table. I pray that you and your team may be able to take me on as an angel case. If you are unable to‚ I understand. At this point I am not sure how long I will be able to put this search off. I really need to get my health history‚ not to mention I would love to be able to get the questions out of my head. It is a constant. Who do I look like? What is my family tree? Who are my brothers? I do want you to understand that my intention is NOT to bombard this family. If they are found and choose not to meet me‚ I understand. If you could please help me to obtain some photos and medical information I would forever be indebted to you! If I could just get these two things‚ I would be done. It would be great if they choose to meet me‚ yet I am ok if that is not in their plans. I guess as you get older and time passes you by‚ you start to realize that you don’t have much time to reunite with those who gave you a chance in life. I would love to tell them thank you for loving me enough to give me up for adoption. That is one of the greatest gifts they could have ever given me. The fact that they did not take the easy way out gives me a great respect for them. I understand how your mother felt and the fact that you were able to give her the solace she needed is a blessing. I relate to all the stories that have aired on your show. It is so special to watch every story. The path that you walk every day helps so many people. You truly have a wonderful job. With each step you take‚ you help to make another’s life a little richer in the heart! For that I thank you. I hope that my story touches you‚ and I thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope to hear from you in the near future. Many blessings to you and your staff. Shirey Keene
United States of America Arizona
2. Wendywingnut :I was born May 31, 1951 to Shirly Viola Smith @ Luke field, in Phoenix, AZ. MY birth father may be named Jessie Green, I’m not sure. If anyone might have information of my adoption please, please let me know. Sincerely, Susan Smith
3. Myprincess68 :I am mary thompson‚richard grapes jr. is my son. his father took him from me when he was three‚ he lived in md‚va‚tn‚ don’t really know now. i have called richard jr grandparents every year on his birhtday and he never got the message i have sent. so i am hoping for him to contact me. I would also like to add that he has other siblings too.
4. Smithjana82 :I was born at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona @11:53 am on the 7th of October, 1982. Please contact me if you know any information.
5. Moonshadow4ever :Searching for Diane Hendricks‚ who lived in Bullhead City‚ arizona. Megan Marie‚ Diane‚ Natrisha? should intrest you. Megan is married and having her second child soon. Please contact me anytime‚ very interested in talking to you. You have a sister Cheryl‚ Missy‚ and a brother‚ is all that can be remembered. Jeanitta Hickingbottom
6. Moonshadow4ever :I am searching for a Diane Hendricks that adopted her three children out through child services. All three daughter were adopted out to the same family and are living in Kingman Arizona area still. Megan Marie is of course of age and is searching for her birth mother. She remembers her mother very well. She remembers her birth mothers name and her own birth name. She has an Aunt Sheryl and an Aunt that passed away. She remembers living in Bull Head City Arizona. Please contact me if this information means anything to you‚ reaching out for her birth mother‚ aunt‚ grand parents or father. I am her Aunt on her step father in laws side of the family. She is married and a very well rounded wonderful mother of two and is very much wanting to know her birth family. Jeanitta
7. Robin6173 :I am 34yr old woman searching for birth mother and half brother. I was born @ good sam hosp in Phoenix, AZ. on 6-14-73 @ 8:30AM. mothers first name is cheryl and was 14 or 15 when i was born. I was told i have a half brother that is 1-2 yrs older than me with the name of either justin or jason. NO strings attached i was adopted by 2 wonderful ppl that are ny true mom and dad even if they adopted me. I am just wanting to meet bio mom, and know my family medical background and personal background. the adoption center was called "childrens and families services" in phoenix. please don’t disregard me. I am not angry about my adoption. I want to thank you. my mom and dad provided everything for me. I have had a good life.
8. Singingforlife :Born St. Joseph’s Hospital Sept. 27, 1988 @ 11:36pm
9. MonicaPalmer :Lake Havasu Regional Hospital was where you were born. Dr. Donald Nelson was not only the OB but he also found your adoptive parents. Unfortunately‚ I wasn’t allowed to know any information‚ such as names‚ (I’d give anything to know your name). I had to fight to see you one time‚ and it was only for a few minutes‚ the day after you were born. You were perfect with 10 fingers and 10 toes. Dark curly hair and a distinctive dimple in your beautiful little chin. It was the saddest days of my life. I’ve longed for you everyday since then. I miss you‚ I love you and pray daily to just know your name.
10. WSDEVINE :BORN 2-20-63 PHOENIX‚ AZ ST JOSEPH’S HOSPITAL. MOTHER FROM OKLAHOMA? POSSIBLE NAME OF PRICE.
Arizona Adoption Reunion Registry
Were you born in Arizona? Or are you searching for someone born in Arizona? Adopted.com is proud to offer an Arizona state adoption reunion registry where you can meet by mutual consent whether you've accessed your adoption records or not. From Tucson to Flagstaff and everywhere in between, if both parties want to meet then you can find each other on Adopted.com! We have provided a form on this page for you to check your matches. Arizona is a closed record state, meaning adoption records are confidential. While adoption records may be sealed to the public, Arizona law permits adult adoptees and certain relatives to use Confidential Intermediaries to access these records.